Oww, Neos has already completed his first four years at the Academy
He grew so much
My little glowing boy.
He's staying at OW, of course, getting new courses after his degree in Magical Linguistics let's see if he gets it XD
The boy won't join the OCT, still to scared to get hurt, mutilated or killed...
but we're going to get to his dark side...probably TvT why I am such a bad person... Who can spot things that are not normal in his appearance? Light colors for his clothes to balance the rising darkness ;u;
1st Year App
W-what? Oh, yes, I'm okay...I was lost in my thoughts...
| 2nd Year App
| 3rd Year App
| 4th Year App
Neos Matthew GlennsonAge:
1,80m / 5'10''Species:
human injected with magical fluid.Species Description:
when a human embryo/zygote is injected with something, in Neos' case with magical fluid. The baby's blood is infected with this substance that creates changes in their physical appearances, organs and behaviours.
They might have special features or look totally human but they have powers related to the kind of fluid they were injected with. Abilities:
- Use of Advanced Magic
- Spells Creation
- Regenerative Shields and Seals
- Familiar Bonding
Expert / Student Teacher of LIN101 aaaaand LIN 201Courses:
Vacation...Need a bit of rest after his degree. Will spend some holidays with his family.Passed Courses
LIN 101, LIN 102, LIN 103, LIN 201, LIN 202, LIN 301, LIN 302, LIN 303, LIN 401, LIN 402, LIN 403= Magical Linguistics Degree!!!Experience:
- the Moon
- rivers and lakes
- cloudy days
- books about magic/books in general
- watching birds flying
- sleeping in the darkness
- defense spells
- his shiny fingers
- eagles, owls and birds in general
- beds and pillows
- the sound of water
- OW's forest
- Professor Razik's lessons
- his Familiar, Carvus
- being watched by different people at the same time
- hot temperatures
- too noisy places/people
- sunlight/sunny days/too strong lights
- sea and beaches
- waking up early in the morning
- his shiny eyes and hair
- normal humans (they always judge other people too quickly)
- children (noisy and messy)
- his second name, Matthew
- Flour Babies
- the fact he didn't pass ELM103 only because the teacher never gave them assignments >^>
- the underground lake
- great imagination and quick at finding solutions to problems;
- he can see in absence of light sources, thanks to his luminous eyes;
- when he really wants to do something or when he has a strong motivation to do something, Neos can be inflexible;
- he tries to make everything he can to achieve his objectives in good ways;
- without his magic abilities, he's totally helpless and vulnerable;
- his shyness can prevent him to relate with others, making him feeling alone. He will rarely take the initiative for a talk;
- Neos' eyes can't see totally when there's too much sunlight. This is why he usually prefers staying inside. If he really need to stay out, or he can't go inside somewhere, he usually wears a dark blue/violet cape with a big hood to cover his face. Unusually, his eyes' glow doesn't bother him in any way;
- he gets hurt easily;
- he doesn't have much resistance;
- getting a degree in Magical Linguistics; DONE OuO hopefully
- becoming stronger and being able to get by on his own. He doesn't want to rely on other people too much;
- learn about different kind of magic..also Dark Magic;
- having a social life;
- being judged by people only after his appearances, he wants them to judge him after they really know his true self;
- losing control on his powers. His sister lost it and he fears that one day the same thing might happen to him;
- bees. He hates bees. Once he was stung by one and he fall ill. He didn't feel well for some months and since then, he was frightened by bees;
- he's quite afraid of lightnings because of the great light they produce (he can't see pretty much anything in the light) and the loud noise they make;
shy | kind | nervous | helpful | curious |
Neos is very shy, both with people he knows and doesn't know. He usually stutters when he speaks, even if that's only a psychological consequence. He rarely is the one who starts speaking and he hates being in the spotlight.
Neos has the bad habits of speaking without thinking. This often happens when he see something that surprise him, or when he's very nervous. He often punish himself for it, by hitting his forehead or his legs or slapping his face.
He prefers following his instinct rather than listening to the others. He only follows the orders of people he respects and trusts.
He's quite a suspicious boy. Since he lived most of his life with his family, he never got used to making new relationships. He doesn't need many friends, he just need a few that he can really trust.
Neos is often calm and collected, he tries to be kind and not to argue with others. He has his own ideas but even while he has to tell what he thinks, he keeps a plain voice. He thinks a lot instead, and all his reasonings occur inside his mind.
He's not very competitive, though he always tries to do his best in every situation. If he fails, he will try again and again to fulfill his task.
When something really interest him, he can get very very stubborn.
He always tries to be kind to people. At least until they're nice to him, he can keep up a smiling face. When they don't like him, he most likely won't like them either and he will only be passive about them.
Neos is extremely curious but he keeps this trait hidden, because he knows if he only let his curiosity out it would be a disaster because he would ask everyone about everything in their life.
He is now less shy, he has learnt to speak without stuttering too much and is much more sociable. History
Neos grew up in a big house, of property of a well-known scientist, Drake Glennson. But this scientist was also an alchemist and he liked experimenting with magic, fluids and species. This man had access to an important hospital who had a room for donated embryos. He stole some of them and experimented on them. Neos was one of those embryos. He was injected with a special fluid, made of magic particles. First Year
As he was born, he grew in that mansion because of his "strange" features he had on his body. Magic literally flowed in his veins, his blood was light blue, almost white and it glowed. He always wore thick and dark clothes to hide his “light”, even with people he lived with.
Neos studied a lot, with private tutors. He was quite interested in all of them, though he wasn’t good in some. He was really keen on magic books, which he read on his own, and this is the way he found out he could manipulate it with his fingers.
He caused not a few accidents at first, so he has always practiced with the simplest ones. He did his best with defense spells, creating big shields and protective walls.
As time passed, the scientist was caught by the State. He only managed to give some instructions to his boys. They were told how to survive in the outside world but they however had a place where to hide.
In effect, Drake had built a secret underground space, which only his sons can get access. This is where usually Neos comes when he's lost or depressed.
He was left enough money and supply, so he could survive quite easily. But he also need to go out and get used to the outside world. He started going out in the latest hours of the day, i.e. during the afternoon, so he could see better. He tried several times to speak with people but every person he talked with got scared because of his eyes, thus he reduced to the minimum contacts with people. When he really needs to go out, he wears a pair of sunglasses and a baggy hat or his hoody cape.
He kept living in the shadows until he discovered the existance of the OtherWorlde Academy. He could find some informations and he got more and more interested, spending time around the limit of the forest surrounding the school.
He know wants to join it, because he thinks that that is the only place where he could find somebody like him.
Not much happened because the boy was too shy to meet people. He met a second year girl, Eva, who helped him out with finding a room and such. He focused on learning the campus' structure and life and his main occupation were Professor Razik's lessons, which he found really interesting. The few people he met were his classmates, Sol, Neir and Sinclair. He liked the first two, the last one not really. Second Year
He kept studying hard. He found a Familiar, a stubborn big bird that is actually a real sweetheart. They get along well and they live in the same room, half occupied by Carvus' body. Two events happened this year. First, the OtherWorlde tournament: Neos knew nothing about it and he's not keen on attack spells so he didn't give it much importance. He thought that maybe he would join the next time. This won't happen because he saw how much violent it his, his friend beaten up, all that blood, etc. And he won't even go seeing it again. The second thing was the disease that spread around Halloween period. Of course he didn't inform about it, so even if Eva, who had got infected, warned him that he should have gone inside he stayed out. And Eva bit him. He bit her back on her neck. He was deeply embarassed and his legs were jelly. So Eva picked him up and borught him to his room.
This year he also had to go to the Alternate Room for some assignments so he met his reflection, mNeos. The boy is totally similar to him but he freed Neos' curiosity, ending up being a reckless and full-of-questions version of the glowing boy.Third Year
Not much happened this year, because he was the only one in Razik's classes so he had no classmates...yep, quite. However, he studied a lot, staying inside all the time and spending days with his Familiar, Carvus. They got to know each other better. He also went seeing his family for his birthday and he practically cried of joy when he got to see all his siblings again. Happy family reunion Fourth Year
Probably the best year. Study, study and lots of study again because he totally wanted to get a fantastic degree in Razik's courses. He completed all his assignments, but one, and he really improved. He is really magically strong and he knows a tons of verbal, non-verbal, written and cooperative spells. He is perfectly bonded with his Familiar even if they still argue about things most of the times it's Carvus' fault, since the bird is a real nuisance.
Neos was also a student teacher for LIN 101 and he had many nice students. He really enjoyed teaching them and seeing how they completed their assignments. Really proud of some of them. He hopes to see them next year in LIN 201.
The only thing that spoiled this happy period was changes in his own mentality. Living in a Dark Magic Academy probably has his effects on his quiet and kind mind. mNeos sure didn't help things getting better. He felt like an odd need of trying new things, out of his usual interests. In the library he borrowed some Dark Spells books and he read all
of them. The boy felt a guilty, little pleasure at reading them...till he also tried some of those incantations out. And of course, Dark Magic has its cost. It slowly started spreading through his body. We'll get to see what will happen next T^TMisc. Information:
- he was the third of the embryos who were taken from Glennson. They were 7 boys and 3 girls. Five of them were injected with magical fluids, the other one’s DNA was altered with mythological animal’s DNA.
- he doesn't have pupils and his eyes glow naturally. Always.
- Neos has a very thin scar under his right eye, due to one of his brothers while they were playing.
- he’s not really able to use technological devices. He doesn’t know how to send emails nor using properly a computer. He usually sends messages with magic. The only device he's completely able to use, it's a MP3 player that was given to him by his oldest brother.
- he hates untidy places, he used to tidy also his brothers’ rooms.
- he's totally hopeless in love things. He doesn't know how "We could meet sometimes" could also mean.
- he can run fast just when he is chased by wild animals, otherwise he's slow as hell.
- his body stopped aging. He's still growing but he knows he won't get older. He will probably live a long life.
- He is probably aromantic. Or asexual. Still have to understand that properly.
I have to create an RP Tracker for him as well, this part isn't updated
Curios about |
Likes/Can suffer |
Hate/Dislikes/Can't suffer/ |
Not really friends |
Afraid of |
Friend with/ Good relationship |
Gets stupid around/Cares a bit more aboutEva
The first one he spoke with, some days before OtherWorlde Enrollment. They're both quite reserved, but Neos would like to know more about her. She helped him finding a room, and he's very grateful for that. During his second year, some things happened between them. And now he blushes quite easily when she's around because he knows he's going to say/do something stupid.Stein
Eva's brother is cool, and Neos likes the care he has about his sister. They both worries for the girl
One of his mates at Magical Linguistics lessons. Their personalities are similar, so they get along wellSol
Another of his classmates, maybe even more shy and quiet than him. Rieln
He likes her, she's not annoying. He finds her being a Banshee interesting, and though he wouldn't dare asking more about it, he's still quite curious.Sinclair
They had to do an assignment together. Never again. But he liked Neos' present so...that's fineYasmine Hayes
They talked together, once...you couldn't say who was the most nervous, but it seems the boy is interested in her, in a good way.Mayday Banks
Mayday was Neos' Secret Santa, and the boy liked his gift. Then they talked together a bit, sharing info and Neos finds the other's being a shadow interesting. They're both not very talkative but they were able to speak a little.
- Time Zone UTC/GMT : +1
- I like RP in dA comments and notes, although I can also do it on Skype. But I usually reply there only on weekends.
- I like both types of RP, script and lit.
Neos: Mmm... *he taps with his pencil on the table* *scratches his nape with the other hand then pushes away the small sphere of light hanging upon his head* Should I write it reverse? *says in a low voice while giving another look to the scribble on the sheet* *he doesn't know what to do anymore* Changing size of something with a written spell is not that easy. *he bites his lower lip and stretches his hand towards the pack of biscuits* *he takes out one and eats it as he add a small comma-like sign under a circle* That should work.
A boy was slowly walking along a river, in the woods. It was night and there weren't clouds in the sky. The moon and the stars shined as well as the boy's eyes. After some minutes, he stopped and sat on a rock, looking at the moon's reflex in the water. He was thinking about the academy he wanted to join.
The OtherWorlde Academy will have been opened in less than two weeks, but he still had some thoughts about it.
The boy sat in silence, listening to the sound of the water. His three light blue strands of hair glowed slightly.
He had wanted to change his life for a long time and he hoped that OtherWorlde could give him that possibility.
He moved his fingers in circles, creating some shining sparkles of magic that flew away in the air. He turned his head to follow them with his eyes, when he saw a small, dark figure sitting at the bank. He stopped his breath for a second then he watched it silently.